Students shall dress and be groomed in a clean, neat and modest
manner so as not to distract or interfere with the educational
process or cause a safety hazard. Students are encouraged to adhere
to the provisions of this code during school hours (whether on or
off campus) and while in attendance at school sponsored events.
Violations may result in the following consequences:
First Violation: The student will receive a
written warning and the violation must be corrected.
Second Violation: Parent will be called, violation
must be corrected, and a detention will be assigned.
Third Violation: Student will be suspended until
The principal's judgment shall prevail in all matters regarding
the application of these rules.
All Students K-12
- The following shall not be worn at
school or school-sponsored events during school hours.
- Clothing or accessories that denote affiliation with any gang
associated with criminal activity, or a safety hazard or security
- Ill-fitting clothing such as saggy/baggy pants or oversized
coats, sweaters, sweatshirts, etc.
- Spandex clothing or pajama type clothing
- Clothing with holes, ragged edges, or with patches of different
colors or fabric
- Clothing/tattoos with suggestive or inappropriate slogans,
vulgar captions, or advertisements for tobacco, alcohol or drug
- Caps, hats or headscarves, for boys or girls, will not be worn
- Form-fitting or body-fitting clothes
- Clothing with revealing necklines
- Extreme hair color or style, makeup and/or nail color
2. The following rules shall be enforced
for all students:
- Any color or style of shoes, with the exception of "heely" or
bedroom slipper type shoes, may be worn to school.
- Leggings will be worn only with approved length dresses and
- Shorts/skirts/dresses will be no higher than four (4) inches
from the middle of the knee
- Slits in skirts/dresses will be no higher than four (4) inches
from the middle of the knee
- Pant legs must not drag flagrantly on the floor
- No tinted glasses/sunglasses are permitted unless prescribed by
- No body piercing jewelry, including spacers, except for
earrings in the ear for boys and girls
- Large heavy jewelry chains, and any jewelry that could be
deemed dangerous, will not be permitted
- Valuable clothing and jewelry are discouraged
- Shirt and blouse length may not be longer than the bottom of
the fingertips while standing and may not be so short that students
raising their elbows to the height of his or her shoulder exposes
- Tops, blouses and shirts must fit and must cover the shoulder
so as not to reveal the torso or undergarments
- All trench/duster style coats that fall below the knee are
- Cargo pants are permitted
- Bib overalls may be worn as long as galluses and side closures
1. Special dress days may be designated by the principal to
include but not limited to, the following examples: field days;
picture days; school spirit days, etc.
2. If a student cannot comply with the standardized dress code
because of religious beliefs or physical characteristics, the
parent/guardian must provide a written explanation to the principal
for possible relief from certain aspects of this dress code.